Baltic Sea School Berlin (Ostsee-Kolleg) was launched in
2001 as an International Quality Network for research and academic
studies in the Baltic Sea Region supported by funds from the German
Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and Berlin Humboldt-Universität.
Participation in the project was open to researchers and students
from the partner universities interested in the political, economic,
social and cultural processes taking place in the Baltic Sea area.
The Baltic Sea School programme offered:
- a one-year programme "Master of Arts in Baltic Sea Region
- a one-year doctoral class
- guest lectureships for academic staff
- workshops, methodology schools, conferences
- co-operation with non-university institutions
The Baltic Sea School programme was successfully concluded
in the end of 2004, while the name Baltic Sea School has been preserved
as an institutional label.