What do we consider to be Central Asia?
- The centre of the continent consisting of Tibet, Mongolia, Sinkiang, Afghanistan and the middle Asian CIS-states (Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan)
What does the Central Asian Seminar offer?
- Bachelor, Master and PhD
- Language courses for Dari/Farsi, Mongolian, Pashto, Tajik, Tibetan, Uighur and Uzbek - also as intensive language courses
- Employment opportunities in scientific projects
- Sojourns for international visiting academics
- Archives and collections
- Current and reputable information for media and retraining
What can you study at the Central Asian Seminar?
- Bachelor " Regional Studies Asia / Africa" (main focus Central Asia)
- Regional scientific Master "Middle Asia / Caucasia"
- Doctorates in "Central Asian Studies"
What do we research at the Central Asian Seminar?
- cultural historical and social political topics
- language and literature
- topics from anthropology and religious studies
- the modern history of Central Asia in context of its adjoining areas
last update : 04 April 2013