DAAD Summer School 2013
Kazakh Language course in Almaty
Date: September 18 - October 08, 2013
Together with the Suleyman Demirel University, a Kazakh-Turkish University, the Central Asian Seminar at the Humboldt University performs the summer school 2013 in Kasskeleen, 26 km from Almaty.
Who can participate?
The Deutsche Akademische Austauschdienst (DAAD) awards 15 partial scholarships to students and doctoral students of all subjects.
Eligible applicants are Germans and "Bildungsinländer". Participation against a tuition fee is possible for 8 further participants (regardless of status and citizenship).
- Objectives of the language course: writing and all simple forms of grammar
- Acquiring conversational skills for simple standard situations (shopping, taxi, visiting, etc.) and reading ability for simple texts
- Introduction to past and present history, ethnographic and cultural issues as well as everyday issues of the region
- Field trips can be arranged on days with no lectures
- Courses are ECTS creditable ( 10 SP with exam)
- The DAAD supports participation with a partial scholarship (grant for travel and subsistence expenses). However, some additional costs are to be expected
- The flights to and fro have to be organized by the participants themselves. The DAAD supports the application for visas (check for validity of your passport!)
- Accommodation with host families is organized, expenses must be covered by the participants
- A visa extension of one week is possible with DAAD support. Longer periods of time must be organized individually
- curriculum vitae (with information on current study situation)
- letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
For further questions please contact
last update : 21 May 2013