Stages of scientific work
- since 2011 Full Professor (W3, Alexander v. Humboldt-Professor), Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- 2010 – 12 Visting Professor, Durham University, UK
- 2002 – 10 CNRS Professor at IHES, France
- 2001 – 10 Full Professor, Boston University, USA (on leave at IHES 9 months/year)
- 1998 – 2002 Visiting Professor, Harvard University, USA
- 1997 – 2001 Heisenberg fellow (DFG), Mainz University
- 1995 – 1997 Habilitation fellow (DFG), Mainz University
- 1993 – 1995 Research fellow (postdoc), University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia
Renormalization and the renormalization group; Hopf algebras; Dyson–Schwinger equations; gauge symmetries in Yang Mills theory and gravity; generalized Ward identities; Cutkosky rules and S-Matrix theory; analytic structure of amplitudes; number theory in perturbative QFT.
Four personal questions
- When I was 18 I wanted to …
… hitchhike the planet – which I did a few years later.
- A perfect working day starts with…
… Earl Grey tea, brioche and some laughter with Susanne.
- Before I am going to retire I would like to …
… start problems which accompany me long afterwards.
- My advise to my students is …
… free your spirit, doubt yourself and doubt all others!